Click a term to initiate a search.
The Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections , Cornell University Library , is home to the Andrew Dickson White Architectural Photographs Collection of approximately 13,000 nineteenth- and early twentieth-century photographs of architecture, decorative arts and sculpture. White (1832-1918), the first president of Cornell University, established the collection by donating several thousand images from his personal architectural library. The Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, in collaboration with the Department of Preservation and Conservation and the Cornell Institute for Digital Collections , undertook a project to preserve, house, catalogue and digitize the entire collection. The A. D. White Architectural Photographs image database is now available through the Luna In sight ® version 5.1 browser (be sure to check the minimum browser and system requirements before launching the browser). Currently, the image database contains 1239 images. This page last updated April 14, 2005
Province Or State